Help! Monitor Suggestions

R

Raggy

I really need your guys opinions. I need a new monitor for my powermac g4.
it has adc and vga, nvidia geforce 4 mx.
I had a 21" apple cinema, need something the same size.

What do you guys use? Im looking to spend up to $600.

I dont mean to post again about this but I need to buy this very soon. So any help would be awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Go for the Dell 2005FPW. It uses the same LCD pannels as the Apple one and its just a better monitor! HD inputs, comes with VGA, DVI and component cables too. Its awesome. You can get them for $479 right now at Dell.com shipped. Its a 20" widescreen.

OP
S

sandals1621

For about that same price you can also gt a 20.1" Samsung at either Best Buy or Sams. 1600x1200 resolution, dual inputs etc.....

OP
R

Raggy

Acill said:
Go for the Dell 2005FPW. It uses the same LCD pannels as the Apple one and its just a better monitor! HD inputs, comes with VGA, DVI and component cables too. Its awesome. You can get them for $479 right now at Dell.com shipped. Its a 20" widescreen.

It has the DVI-D. I know they make a DVI-ADC converter but do they make one for the DVI-D?

OP
R

Raggy

sandals1621 said:
For about that same price you can also gt a 20.1" Samsung at either Best Buy or Sams. 1600x1200 resolution, dual inputs etc.....
I see the Samsung has DVI-I yet another different one. is there a converter for that as well?

OP
R

Raggy

Acill said:

Oh and I forgot to ask also will my nvidia geforce 4 mx 64mb run the monitor alright?

OP
L

lil

Not sure if you are after LCD or CRT but the best CRT monitor I can recommend to you is the Sony GDM-FW900. 24" Widescreen CRT, max resolution is 2304x1440, optimum resolution is 1920x1200. Silver coloured, beuatiful colour reproduction, it does weigh a ton though and needs a little room :flower:

But beyond that; it is a beautiful monitor, the colour repdroduction does it for me!

Vicky

OP
R

Raggy

lil said:
Not sure if you are after LCD or CRT but the best CRT monitor I can recommend to you is the Sony GDM-FW900. 24" Widescreen CRT, max resolution is 2304x1440, optimum resolution is 1920x1200. Silver coloured, beuatiful colour reproduction, it does weigh a ton though and needs a little room :flower:

But beyond that; it is a beautiful monitor, the colour repdroduction does it for me!

Vicky

I'm actually looking for a LCD, but thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
About the different DVIs:
DVI-D means it has only digital signal, and can only connect to a monitor with DVI-D or DVI-I input. You can't use a DVI-to-VGA-adapter on DVI-D.
DVI-A has only analog signal (rarely found anywhere)
DVI-I Has both, digital AND analog signal, and therefore can use a DVI-to-VGA adaptor to connect to a VGA monitor.

The ADC port is basically a DVI-I connector with additional pins for USB and power for the monitor. There is an adapter from ADC to DVI, which is DVI-I actually.

OP
R

Raggy

Avalon said:
About the different DVIs:
DVI-D means it has only digital signal, and can only connect to a monitor with DVI-D or DVI-I input. You can't use a DVI-to-VGA-adapter on DVI-D.
DVI-A has only analog signal (rarely found anywhere)
DVI-I Has both, digital AND analog signal, and therefore can use a DVI-to-VGA adaptor to connect to a VGA monitor.

The ADC port is basically a DVI-I connector with additional pins for USB and power for the monitor. There is an adapter from ADC to DVI, which is DVI-I actually.

So the Dell 2005FPW had DVI-D, so if the adapter is ADC to DVI (DVI-I) what do I uses with this Dell to hook it from its DVI-D to my ADC.

I don't want to get the monitor home and find out I'm missing something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.