Can you recommend a legit method or site to develop my app idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I have an iOS app idea but no development knowledge/abilities. I want to possibly get it made. But I don't want someone to steal my idea either.

Any suggestions? (please don't say "Learn programming.") O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
1. Patent the idea. There is a website that will help with the steps.
2. Get a "confidentiality agreement" drawn up and have anyone you ask for help sign it.

Copyright and idea ownership are hazy when it comes to stuff - look at the patent-trolling that is taking place at the highest levels in the electronics business...

OR

Learn programming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
There are sites (I don't recall them off the top of my head) that allow you to request bids or you could advertise on sites like craigslist for your local area. If you knew what technical skills you need then the ad could be more generic, but again, at some point, you'll need to describe the details. Details are required so that the person responding can give a calculation of time required to do the project, and therefore cost expectations. Odds are they will first want to properly spec out the project which also shouldn't be free.

Is your idea so unique that you think someone will spend most of their waking hours trying to beat you to delivery? Most programmers are busy trying to make a living and side tracking onto other projects is very expensive in time and costly to ignore making an income. Oh, and if you idea is so hot, when it is released, others will jump on this great new awesome bandwagon an try to duplicate the idea.

Do you have a great deal of money? Development is very costly. To get a basic idea implemented with no bells or whistles could be around USD$10,000. Also, get a good lawyer who deals in contract law and specifically understands software development requirements. For instance, you could end up with a product but no rights to the source code!

You'll hear many people say ideas are a dime a dozen. The reason is simple enough; Implementation of the idea is required to make an idea worth something. Since you are incapable of implementing the idea, you are going to have contract, pay, and trust others.

Good luck with the venture. :)

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thanks for the help/suggestions. I guess someone else will probably beat me to the punch. I don't have the resources or time to get that much involved. I would bet money it eventually does get made, though.
Oh well...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.