can't watch my burned dvd's

A17

Reaction score
hey guys !
i just got a macbook pro, iused to have a pc...so i'm kind of new to all of this.
my problem is that i can't watch my burned dvd's it says that it's a blank dvd and asks me if i want to burn it ........please HELP MEEE. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell us how the DVDs were burned on your PC? Unless you burned them to the Joliet standard and the session closed, they probably are not compatible except on the machine you burned them with.

OP
A

A17

Reaction score
dvd.

well i'm not sure what joliet standards are ,i'll look in it.... but i burned them as data ....does that help??.....and i burned most of them with iTunes, and for example i burned a dvd for a friend that has a mac with the same program and computer(same way), and he was able to see it. so i don't know.....

OP
A

A17

Reaction score
mackeeper does it help?

Chad thank u for the essay it was very helpful....but now i have another question, on point 4 where says that security it's handled :s ....i recently bought MACKEEPER, does it help, or i just threw away my money ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i recently bought MACKEEPER, does it help, or i just threw away my money ?

I'm sure chas would agree me on this. Yes, you just threw your money away. Do not install MacKeeper. Please search our forums for more info on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.