adobe crashing

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 3 yr old iMac, and have two versions of Adobe InDesign/Acrobat/Illustrator on it - Both versions are legally paid for, etc. I have CS3, and recently installed 5.5. This morning I tried to open a PDF and had Acrobat Pro crash, coming up with that error window, hit Reopen to report, etc. It just keeps crashing. Ditto Illustrator and InDesign... both the CS3 and 5.5. Photoshop opens fine. Both have been running on my computer for more than a month. I opened Bridge (the 5.5 version) yesterday briefly, decided I didn't want to take the time to figure out the difference and quit out of it. Bridge also does the instant crash thing.

I have tried to un-install all of these to reinstall and the un-install in all of them crashes. I have rebooted, run DiskRepair, downloaded all applicable upgrades and patches... they all still crash. Everything else on my computer works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this or what has gone wrong?

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum thread, if not, my apologies, I haven't been here much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Firstly, what are you using to handle fonts, a rogue font or corrupt font cache can often cause Adobe product to crash

OP
S
Reaction score
I just use whatever came with the Mac, and I bought a collection called Font Library, but I've had it installed for years. I recently built a website through Weebly, but didn't download any fonts or anything. How would I check that?
This is the error code lines: (if that tells you anything)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000c7000009
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Tuesday morning... still no other replies : (
and now none of my Microsoft programs will open. More crash reports. The only stuff still working is Safari and Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.