My mini isnt recognising my apple keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi guys, got my mini today, just booted it up a couple of mins ago.

After bootup it asked me to setup the keyboard, and press the key next to the shift key. So i press the "`" key, which is directly next to my shift key and it says that i am using my internal keyboard, please press a key on an external keyboard. Whats this all about please?

Also, my @ symbol is shift-2 rather than the shift-' key. How can i change this please? I set it up to use british settings when it asked me at the start.

Cheers,

Edward
(proud owner of a mac :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.58GHz OC'ed Mac mini
Get another usb one.

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

did you get a none US computer? I had this happen about 7 years ago with a mac i got an australian version and the keyboard didnt work right.

OP
E
Reaction score
im from UK mate, so yeh, it is a non US one, but when i look at the keyboard, the @ is above the 2 anyway, so ill just have to learn to use it like that, being a switcher from PC.

L

lil

The Mac British keyboard is laid out very similar to the American layout, it can appear quirky after coming from a PC, but that's the way it has always been.

So things are slightly differently located but you soon get used to it.

# btw is option (alt) + 3

Vicky

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks, never realised that that key wasnt on the keyboard layout.

Cheers for the info, just going to have to get used to it. Should not take me long, OSX is great by the way, love it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Can you take a picture n post what that keyboard looks like. im curious.

-J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.