iSight

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum but my iSight in my MacBook Air 11" (Lion OS) isn't working with any of my applications (downloaded and built-in). My photo booth, and Face Time both say that there is no camera detected and my Skype (a downloaded app) says the same thing. How do I solve this problem?

Please help!!

Thanks
Slim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum but my iSight in my MacBook Air 11" (Lion OS) isn't working...

This is clearly NOT an iPhone/iPad/iPod question. Thread moved to more appropriate area.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How old is the MBA? Is it still under warranty or extended Apple care? If it is, take it on in for Apple to look at. Otherwise, try resetting the SMC and PRAM.

OP
slim91
Reaction score
How do I reset SMC and PRAM? This only happened to me after I installed Lion in my Computer. Prior to this I was in Snow Leopard. Sorry I'm a noob so I need simple instructions... :S

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) Apple LINK

Resetting the NVRAM and PRAM, Apple LINK

Bookmark both pages and also learn how to use the Apple Knowledge Base. Excellent source of learning and information for new Mac users. Let us know how it went.

OP
slim91
Reaction score
Hey! I followed the instructions of both links and reset the SMC and the PRAM but my camera is still not being detected? any other suggestions you think may help me with this? thank you!

OP
slim91
Reaction score
I tried that and my warranty has already expired. is this the kind of problem I can't solve on my own? do I need to bring my computer in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.