MacBook Pro won't recognize charger

Reaction score
Yesterday, my charger stopped working from the wires fraying at the magsafe l connector. I cut and split the wires and was testing on my friends computer since mine was dead. I plugged it in and it said "Not Charging" but the light was still on, I then flipped the wires thinking that I could have put it on the wrong way and now it won't recognize the macbook charger is there at all, or any charger.

What could have gone wrong? I assume a short circuit is the issue but what would that damage and how would I go about fixing this?

Reaction score
Time to get another one....Hint....Buy one from a Mac dealer. I thought I'd save some money & bought one on e-bay....First one was DOA....The second lasted 6 days then wouldn't work....so I bought one from a mac dealer & have had no problems....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
Time to get another one....Hint....Buy one from a Mac dealer. I thought I'd save some money & bought one on e-bay....First one was DOA....The second lasted 6 days then wouldn't work....so I bought one from a mac dealer & have had no problems....

agreed.
It's a different piece of equipment, but I bought a cheaper thunderbolt to hdmi cable so I could hook my MBP up to my TV. Well it worked without a hitch the first time I used it. That was it, the end came a little loose and it wouldn't work again. You can find good deals sometimes, but you get what you pay for....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.