What color is your iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I have a black iPad. I kind of got sick of the white look especially with my iPhone being white. I feel like the black looks much sleeker, and blends in great with your background. Anyone think Apple in a few years could introduce a third color for the iPad? I wouldn't mind seeing a silver device either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I have White, Black shows too many fingerprints but tahts my OCD i guess lol

Reaction score
Mines Henry ford black, it's much too complicated for a company like apple to make different colors LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25GHz PPC G4, 1Gb Ram, OS X 10.5.8
Mine is black so is the wife's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
Mine is white.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Since the orignal iPad came in black (which is my wife's), I bought the iPad 2 for myself in white - it got distracting IMHO when I was watching movies or doing anything with a dark background. The New iPad I have is black - it seems to be less obtrusive when working with either light or dark.

Reaction score
Mine is Black. I have owned each generation of iPad and they have all been black.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've been watching this thread now for about 2 weeks...and I'm still scratching my head (confused).:Confused:

I don't mean to invalidate the thread...but how interesting is a thread that asks..."What color is your iPad?" I mean there are only two choices...white or black.;)

This is kind of like the old Ford Model T automobile saying..."You can have any color you want...as long as it's black!";)

If you have a black iPad...awesome...and if you have a white iPad...awesome as well!:) I think that it's more interesting to hear why folks picked white or black (reasons other than I like the color)...such as:

- "I think black is better because it shows dirt less."
- "I think white is better because it shows fingerprints less."

If we were talking about the old G3 iMacs...where there were about 10 different color or print versions to choose from over the "lifespan" of the G3 iMacs...the color choice or preference question would be MUCH more interesting!:)

Again...either color chosen is great...but when there are just two choices...it makes for a rather "slow" thread!;) Even after more than two weeks...the OP hasn't returned!:(

Maybe I'm missing something...or looking for more thread excitement!;)

- Nick

p.s. Even the poll is sort of unexciting...5 votes for black...0 votes for white. Other than it looks like black is preferred.

Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 white and an iPad 2 black.
Both are 64GB wi-fi only.
One stays home (black) and one travels with me (white)

Since I have them both in Griffin Survivor cases, they both look black.

Color has never been an issue for me.

I enjoy exploring the many different ways to use this device from a coffee table browser to a laptop replacement machine.

-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Black. I find that on the iPad vs the iPhone/iPod, the bezel is much more important and that white is a huge distraction. As a wannabee photographer, :eek: I want both myself and my clients to be drawn in to the photo, and not the white bezel. Same goes for video I guess. When you're watching something, you're likely to be a bit sidetracked by the bezel if it's white.

Now the iPhone on the other hand, I find to be sexy in white.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
My dad has black I have white. I spent over a month trying to find a white one and finally got one. I got it when it first came out. I actually paid the store to hold it for me. I think the white better fits me because everything else I have is black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iPad 2 is white. Original iPad is black.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.