URGENT...please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've posted here before about the problems my g/f and I have been having with her use of the internet. I went to use the text editor today and under the "recent tab" I cane across a file named "untitled". Knowing it wasnt anything I created I clicked on it. Without giving out to much infromation about myself or my g/f its clear she's using some sort of program to cover her tracks. Anyway here's what part of what the file she created and forgot to delete looked like. Im sure its an email or some sort but I just dont know of any email programs that are capable of changing what she types in something else. Her son knows allot about Macs so Im sure he set her up with a program or told her what to use to covert your messages to look like thiis:

1ivv<?>l<F3><?><?>x<ESC>a<F3>dqg<F6>gmtjgvime<?>i/g3b]zglee /g<?>o<Numpad 1>rnm9e<F8><Down><Pause/Break>l1<F13>ox<Numpad 4><?><F1><?>6 e6<BS><?>g=aimms g<BS><BS>=9riv]<Enter>
<BS><?><?>w<Up><F22>w<suspend>
<suspend>
<event?>
<AltL+><Win+>|<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><F2><AltL+><Win+>*<suspend>
<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><?><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><?><AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+>R<AltL+><Win+>Y<AltL+><Win+>E<AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+>J<AltL+><Win+>I<AltL+><Win+>S<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+>{<AltL+><Win+>A<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><Enter>
<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+>C<AltL+><Win+>X<AltL+><Win+>!<AltL+><Win+>%<AltL+><Win+>A<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><NumLock><AltL+><Win+>F<AltL+><Win+><<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><F1><AltL+><Win+>J<AltL+><Win+><<AltL+><Win+>L<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>L<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>
<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: off>
<AltL+><Win+>I<AltL+><Win+>S<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>
<AltL+><Win+>S<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: off>
<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+>I<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>
<AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: off>
<AltL+><Win+>Z<AltL+><Win+>U<AltL+><Win+>!<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>
<AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: off>
<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>R<AltL+><Win+>N<AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>N<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>
<AltL+><Win+>F<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: off>
<AltL+><Win+>R<AltL+><Win+>E<AltL+><Win+>E<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+>L<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+>P<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>G<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>P<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+>E<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>%<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>%<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>B<AltL+><Win+>N<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>N<AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>N<AltL+><Win+>T<AltL+><Win+>H<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>O<AltL+><Win+>L<AltL+><Win+>D<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+>M<AltL+><Win+>A<AltL+><Win+>K<AltL+><Win+><Shift+><BS><AltL+><Win+>L<AltL+><Win+>E<AltL+><Win+> <AltL+><Win+><Shift+><CapsLock><Lights: A>

Can someone please tell me what that means and what program or email service would provide that type of encryption? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What text editor are you using ?
To me , this looks like opening a file that was created with another program than your text editor.
This might as well be a file with cheat-codes for a game.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
I'm no pro!!! But this doesn't look like encrypted email. It looks more like a script.. But like i said i'm no pro!!!
If its your computer, lock it down.. So no one else can use it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Its something that my soon to be ex g/f and her son either put on the computer or are accessing through the internet. I use the text editor that comes with the mac infrequently and have never seen anything like this before. She insists she doesnt know anything about it, she's lied so much I have no choice but to leave her. Thanks for your help. Tug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
It's simple. Reformat the Mac and leave her behind. I could personally care less for your relationship issues. If you are really so worried, format the drive and start over from scratch (in both counts).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I see Windows keys in there like its a script for Windows or something.

OP
T
Reaction score
Her son installed some MS Office software on their mac one of the programs was Microsoft Entourage which I think she was using to conceal what she was doing or possibly Google Chrome beings it was reciently installed. It was her house and her mac so formatting it wasnt an option so what I did before I moved out (yes I left her) I uninstalled Entourage, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome than wiped the HD to ensure those files couldnt be retrieved. All she had to do is be honest with me but she couldnt even do that. Thanks for all your help

Reaction score
Her son installed some MS Office software on their mac one of the programs was Microsoft Entourage which I think she was using to conceal what she was doing or possibly Google Chrome beings it was reciently installed. It was her house and her mac so formatting it wasnt an option so what I did before I moved out (yes I left her) I uninstalled Entourage, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome than wiped the HD to ensure those files couldnt be retrieved. All she had to do is be honest with me but she couldnt even do that. Thanks for all your help

Wow. It was her house and her computer, and you wiped the hard drive clean and you think SHE has problems?
mathews_huh.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Those are just Windows keyboard mappings!

Sounds like she's had a lucky escape!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
I'm just gonna say this!!! People here at Mac Forums are great people!! They try and do everything in their power to help people like your self "WITH COMPUTER PROBLEMS" We're all really tired of hearing about your relationship issues. I'm sure there are other sites or forums that can help you with your trust issues. Now that you have completely wiped HER system, Dude Move On!! Why would you even take the time to uninstall all of her browsers??? Sounds like "you" have MORE than computer problems!!!

Reaction score
Wow...wiped her HDD. Over a fear that a file you cannot view may or may not contain something you may or may not need to worry about. In her house. Her property, her activities, on her computer...and your response to an unknown was to take direct, immediate action to destroy her personally owned data and operating system? Wonder what HER cost to fix all that will be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
Dude maybe you should just get a dog,, nevermind,, poor dog.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I closed the thread as the insults to the OP are getting a bit much and not fitting with the friendly forums we try and run here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.