Google search results not making the link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
A recent problem is getting me somewhat annoyed ...
On my iPad Google produces results of a search but then the links are just not working when clicked on. It just stays on the results page and seemingly makes no effort to link to the selected item. If I can only access websites by keying the web address directly. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
try reloading the google search that usually fixes it for me. another thing you can do is clear history,cookies and cache in safari settings and see if that helps the issue.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
try reloading the google search that usually fixes it for me. another thing you can do is clear history,cookies and cache in safari settings and see if that helps the issue.

Hi, Thanks for the ideas but we've tried all those and still no result! Checking on Google every possible forum seems to have had this query raised but none that I've found have the answer. Odd.

Reaction score
Hi. Have had the same problem in Safari on the iPad, but only when I've got more than 6 tabs open, and then only on the ones farthest to the right. Hope that helps.

C

chas_m

I find that I cannot replicate this problem you seem to be having -- either using Google through Safari or through the dedicated app.

The only suggestion I have is to actually power down the iPad and restart it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.