Aperture or PSE 10

Reaction score
I am a new Mac user and want to purchase photo editing software. I need something more than iPhoto but not as complex as PS CS5 to edit photos. I have used PS before on a PC but never got into layers. I read that I can use PSE 10 as a editor within iPhoto can you do the same with Aperture. Thanks!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I am a new Mac user and want to purchase photo editing software. I need something more than iPhoto but not as complex as PS CS5 to edit photos. I have used PS before on a PC but never got into layers. I read that I can use PSE 10 as a editor within iPhoto can you do the same with Aperture. Thanks!

Yes, that is the set up I have. Though I am using PSE 8 as an external editor for Aperture.

C

chas_m

Your thread title suggests either Aperture OR PSE 10, that's not really the right question.

That's like asking "should I have food OR drink?" You would need both.

The iPhoto *and* PSE10 combo might work very well for you, or Aperture *and* PSE10.

You might also want to have a look at Pixelmator as an alternative to PSE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.