Adobe Flash Player update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Mac Mini has OS 10.4 and I'm being asked to get new Flash Player when I want to watch videos. My system won't support the newer version. Is there anyway around this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My Mac Mini has OS 10.4 and I'm being asked to get new Flash Player when I want to watch videos. My system won't support the newer version. Is there anyway around this?

We need more info. What model Mac-Mini do you have...and what Flash Player version are you running?

- Nick

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you have a PowerPC Mac, take a look at this post to see what you need to do.

OP
A
Reaction score
no flash player

Nick, thanks for the help. Sorry to so clueless, Processor 1.25 GHz Power PC G4, Serial # YM5144PJRHT. Can't seem to find any Flash Player in Apps.

C

chas_m

Flash Player is a plug-in for your browsers, not an app.

Here's the bottom line: you're on a G4 running 10.4. You should visit the Adobe Flash page, which will automatically figure out the best plug-in for your machine, but the time is coming soon where youtube (et al) will be off-limits to you unless you switch to the HTML5 viewer. I'd suggest you do that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.