quick question about find finder

Reaction score
Hello

Just wondering what is this "Search For" in the Find Finder? Does this list the history of what you opened and what you browsed?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
T
Reaction score
louishen: Thanks for replying. Another question is, I have an admin account and I created a user account.... When I tried to logged in the user account, I am quiet surprised that I can see the other folders in the admin account.

How can that be? Is it something to do with permission?

C

chas_m

You should be able to see the folders, but not get into them. If you can open the folders, then you have a permissions issue there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
From the admin account you can select your home folder (Users > You), right click on the folder and choose Select info

You can set permissions there by opening the little padlock icon

If you select No Access next to everyone, then non admin users will have no access whatsoever

Screen Shot 2012-04-15 at 11.33.42.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks I found the "everyone" but then I also found another user which is staff. Is this a default in mac?

C

chas_m

Yes, it can be.

DO NOT go messing around with permissions on users unless you are VERY VERY sure you know what you are doing. Can cause LOTS of problems messing around with permissions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.