Password for Apple Desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 3.4 GHz..12GB RAM 250GB SSD +2TB HD Lion 10.7. Parallels 7 & with Win7
I do not usually have a password on my computers but I do need one now on my new AppleMac 27" with Lion 10.7...I have set a password for login and this is working OK.. but I do not wish to have to put in the password every time change something in he system when I am already logged in.!!?
Is there a way around this that I am missing?
Thanks,
ronpeck

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No way around that once you've assigned an Administrator password. Even if you hadn't previously assigned one the pop up would still come up and you would have to enter a null response. (press enter)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 3.4 GHz..12GB RAM 250GB SSD +2TB HD Lion 10.7. Parallels 7 & with Win7
No way around that once you've assigned an Administrator password. Even if you hadn't previously assigned one the pop up would still come up and you would have to enter a null response. (press enter)

Yeh! Thanks.. looks like I am stuck.. could go back in time but that does not solve my problem with security..so any way thank you..ronpeck

C

chas_m

The admin password should not come up unless you are installing software or making changes to the system, something most people do very very infrequently if at all.

The admin password requirement is the NUMBER ONE reason why Macs don't have viruses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.