Canon Digital Camera software no Supported

Reaction score
I just upgraded to OS X Lion and my Canon Digital Camera software is no longer supported. I can no longer download photos from my Canon camera. Any suggested fixes for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
try image capture, should get you in business.
application > utilities > image capture.
make sure your camera is attached to mac

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice but my Mac still doesn't recognize the camera. However, I realized that I could insert the SD card into the Mac and upload using image capture. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
All you need to do is go in the camera's menu system and make sure that it's set up correctly. Not sure if that would be MTP or UMS, but try either one. As for the proprietary Canon software, I'm sure it's just fine. Go to the Canon website and download the updated drivers or software. They must have updated those things for Lion.

Aside from that, all you really need to do, like you've already said, is put the SD card into the SD card slot of your Mac OR use an external card reader. It's really best to do it in those ways rather than plugging the camera in directly anyway, because there's a better chance of data corruption happening the former way.

Image Capture is a great tool, btw.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.