Slideshow to iPad: How? ... and naming photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.11.5; iPad2 (8.1.2-12B440); New iPad; MS-Office for Mac 2011 (14.5.5)
I created a slideshow in iPhoto and I would like to copy it to my iPad2. (With or without the music, whatever is possible)

I did also transfer the individual photos to the iPad, of course, by syncing them and I know that I could create a slideshow with these photos but then they'd appear without the caption I would like to have appear on the photos in the slideshow.

That leads to the second question: How to add titles/names/dates to the photos in iPhoto? I can edit, crop and retouch them but there is no way the caption stays with the photo.

Thanks for any help.

C

chas_m

For the first question: Export the iPhoto slideshow as a movie.

For the second question: you don't. If you need captions, I'd suggest using Keynote instead of iPhoto to create your slideshows (and then Keynote on the iPad to play them).

Alternatively, you could make a duplicate of a photo by dragging it out to the desktop, "augmenting" the copy with something like Skitch or Preview, then drag it back in (import) and add it to the event the original came from. You then use the "altered" copy in your slideshow (sounds like more work than it is).

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.11.5; iPad2 (8.1.2-12B440); New iPad; MS-Office for Mac 2011 (14.5.5)
Thank you, chas_m for your quick reply.

(I thought, working with mac, as opposed to MS, was easier...

C

chas_m

(I thought, working with mac, as opposed to MS, was easier...)

It is. Apple doesn't make it easy to grafitti your photos, however, because most people don't actually want to do that. They want captions, yes, but they want captions for a specific project, not to deface the photos forever.

Adding the photos to Keynote (where you can add borders, captions, arrows, animation and many, many other things) will give you FAR better results than ANYTHING at ANY PRICE for the PC, and much more easily as well.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good to hear from you. I thought I had to switch back to MS...
Just kidding

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.