Safari Start Up Tabs Homepage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I've just got a new MacBook Air with Lion and Safari 5.1.5 and am trying to work out why, when I open Safari, it keeps opening with the last set of tabs rather than my homepage.

I have installed Glims and have "Restore Tabs at Launch" set to Off.

In my old Snow Leopard MacBook (also on the latest Safari) there is an extra option in Preferences>General "Safari Opens With:" which I have set to new (homepage) window. This works but this whole setting is missing from the Air.

Any solutions?

Cheers

C

chas_m

Safari has an auto-restore feature that will re-open some Apple programs (Pages, Preview, Safari, TextEdit, etc) with whatever was last open when you shut the machine down. You can turn this preference off in System Preferences, General:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In my old Snow Leopard MacBook (also on the latest Safari) there is an extra option in Preferences>General "Safari Opens With:" which I have set to new (homepage) window. This works but this whole setting is missing from the Air.

I don't think that has anything to do with being a different Mac or a different OS version. It's a feature of Safari. I'm assuming that the Preferences setting you're referring to is in Safari > Preferences > etc. If there aren't options available to control what opens when Safari starts up, I'd suggest reinstalling it.

C

chas_m

In my previous post, I started off by saying "Safari" when what I meant to say was "Lion." It won't let me make the change now. Sorry about that.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
Sorted

Cheers guys. I hadn't spotted that option in Preferences.

Thanks a lot.

Grrrr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.