upgrade to 10.2.8

Reaction score
Hey all, ya all have been great help in the past... hope that yall will be able to solve my next problem... I recently downloaded a combo upgrade allowing me to upgrade to 10.2.8 from 10.2.4 in order to reinstall the newest itunes. After it downloaded it told me it was successful so i restarted my computer like i was suppose to and now when it turns on it shows the little white apple icon and then something under it like it is thinking. This screen is usually seen right away once you turn on the computer and usually doesn't stay on that long. I have also tried restarting the computer 3 times with out and success. Please help. I know i could stick in the old o.s. disk and start over but i can't do that... i need the info on the computer, it would be a big loss w/o the info on it. Please help! Thanks much
Justin Reynolds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I'm not understanding...does the computer boot up with 10.2.4, or does it hang on the Apple screen with the spinny thing?

OP
J
Reaction score
surfwax95 said:
I'm not understanding...does the computer boot up with 10.2.4, or does it hang on the Apple screen with the spinny thing?
it hangs on the apple screen with the spinny thing now and wont boot! please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The following advice is based on my knowledge of Panther and Tiger. Jaguar is a great version, but outdated. So take this with a grain of salt...

-Put in the install disk for Jaguar.
-Hold "C" before it gets to the gray screen w/ the Apple logo. It will boot from the CD.
-You should be seeing the Install screen for Jaguar.
-Look at the Menu Bar for "Utilities". Click and go down to "Disk Utility".
-Open Disk Utility and see if your HDD is mounted. (Your Name's HD)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.