• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Famous designer says Apple will reveal 'revolutionary' product within 8 months

Reaction score
Famous designer says Apple will reveal 'revolutionary' product within 8 months

Acclaimed French designer Phillippe Starck revealed in a recent interview that he has been working with Apple on a "revolutionary" new product that will be revealed within the next 8 months.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
I heard rumors in the fall that the iPad 2 would be refreshed in the spring but heavily redesigned in the fall, this might be the "revolutionary" product they are talking about. Is it an iPad with phone call ability?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
It's interesting that Jobs hired him to build a yacht when so close to death. Guess it shows that he didn't really think that it would happen.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
So . . . would it be an iBoat? ;)

Reaction score
After a night of thought I came up with a theory, since it was close to Steve Jobs death and the last thing I think Jobs would be doing is wanting to build a Yacht. Possibly the yacht is a cover up story since they know the designer can't keep his mouth shut and that they were really working on something new. Since it does seem like a fact that this designer was visiting Steve Jobs.

Reaction score
Is it an iPad with phone call ability?

If this was announced, I would buy it immediately - without any hesitation whatsoever.

And also a whole boatload of accessories to fit it into my office workspace, car dashboard, and more.

I love my iPhone, but consider it fundamentally broken by its tiny screen. And I won't waste money on an iPad that's just as broken without cellular capability. And I sure as heck am not going to carry around both devices wherever I go.

Let's hope you're right, TabletRevlution. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Well I think the revolutionary is in the skies. I don't think apple will be able to do anything new without that man.

Reaction score
^ I tend to agree. They may have the best creative minds, but Apple has lost its muscle. Cook can't even stay the course with Apple investors clamoring for dividends -- can you imagine this guy going toe to toe with the music industry and forcing them to blink first? Or getting a major telecom company to alter its network rather than impose device restrictions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Stop the speculation.

Its a replacement for the space shuttle and a moon base

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Stop the speculation.

Its a replacement for the space shuttle and a moon base

And Newt Gingrich will be Moon President . . . ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" late 2011 / iP 6s / iPP 9.7"
Originally Posted by TabletRevlution
Is it an iPad with phone call ability?

""I love my iPhone, but consider it fundamentally broken by its tiny screen. And I won't waste money on an iPad that's just as broken without cellular capability. And I sure as s**t am not going to carry around both devices wherever I go.

Let's hope you're right, TabletRevlution. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.""

It sounds novel and will probably sell. But? How are you going to have a private conversation without hooking something up or shutting the door on other people?
That's the beauty of the phone, it's personnel with an option.

I think Jobs may have left them with an idea they're working on. Perhaps it's both, IPad with iPhone capabilities or iPhone with ipad capabilities? Maybe it's just a designer and add campaign that wants to keep the focus on Apple?

Reaction score
It sounds novel and will probably sell. But? How are you going to have a private conversation without hooking something up or shutting the door on other people?
That's the beauty of the phone, it's personnel with an option.

I'll grant you that's an issue for some people - and perhaps for them, that's a good reason to keep the small model around too. Of course, then Apple would have a hard time double-selling to people.
rolleyes.gif

Which is, of course, why Apple probably will never release a cellular iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" late 2011 / iP 6s / iPP 9.7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikarnov
I'll grant you that's an issue for some people - and perhaps for them, that's a good reason to keep the small model around too. Of course, then Apple would have a hard time double-selling to people.

Which is, of course, why Apple probably will never release a cellular iPad.

Yeah Shik, Your last thought could well be right. If it is, then maybe it could be a real deal computer / home entertainment / visual-phone? A 3 in 1 like the music systems used to be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Isn't the world supposed end about then??? So we can blame Apple if the world comes to an end.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.