idraw app opinion

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new new at this, so if I am posting this in the wrong place, please forgive in adavance. I am looking for an easy to use draw and text program that will let me print what I make. What I mostly make is clothing tags or business cards, that sort of thing for my business. I inherited adobe illustrator on an old computer which is now gone the way of old computers, and I have a MacBook pro and and ipad. I like the idea of the idraw, as it works on both devices, has anyone used the idraw program, and can you print your designs fairly easily, OR does anyone have a suggestion of a fairly inexpensive program to accomplish my illustration needs?

thanks so much!

Reaction score
Idraw

I used to work in Illustrator/Photoshop/Flash when I had my PC. It was hard finding inexpensive and suitable replacements once I switched over to Mac. I think iDraw will suit your needs. I love it. I use it mostly to draw schematics, but I did recently redo my business card in it, and it worked well. Drawing custom arcs is challenging, but other than that I love it. PS. I use Pixelmator now in the place of photoshop. Suits my needs well enough. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
procreate is my faviorate app for ipad... i use PS and Illustrator for a livng and procreate is awesome especially if you get a stylus, you can import images add effects even use layers

Im assuming you are talking about an app for ipad or iphone not the actual software for te comp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2
I have iDraw on my iPad2 and I like it. There's just one thing I wish it had - a function to put text on a path. If you make a logo that's round and want text that goes above or below and follows the shape of the logo, it can't be done in the current version of iDraw. You can export it as a svg file and do the text in Illustrator though. They are always working on updates though so maybe text-on-a-path will be added eventually.

Reaction score
iDraw for Schematics

I love it. I use it mostly to draw schematics....

What type of schematics have you used iDraw to complete. I'm considering iDraw for basic pipe schematics, 2D, to illustrate boiler room layouts. Do you have any suggestions here? I didn't notice a free trial period either. Do you happen to have a link for a free trial?

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.