Editing sound clips

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can edit recorded voice sessions that land in "music" in iTunes after being downloaded? I am trying to isolate a specific "sound clip" and found a window in file/get info where I can put in the times for start/stop and "remember" playback position, but I can't figure out how to SAVE it to be used in edited mode. I need to email the clip for a school assignment and am SO frustrated! Any kind wise souls have words of direction and wisdom for me???? Ever so grateful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Do you just want a specific section from the session? You can edit the track in Garageband or Audacity and just cut out and save the required section.

OP
D
Reaction score
Saving audio clips

Thanks for your response - I did try audacity and couldn't find a way to "save" the clip that could be opened by an email receiver - it generated an "error" message. I just did the editing in Garage band and wonder again if someone on a PC will be able to open such a file from an email?

I have a hunch there is a way to "save" a start and stop segment of the original recording after I enter the numbers on my machine - it does re-start at that place until I close that window then it reverts to the beginning/end of the full clip again. I just don't know where or how to find a "save" command that is lit up at that point - on the tool bar it's grayed out like it doesn't WANT to save the adjustment. Ideas?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I did try audacity and couldn't find a way to "save" the clip that could be opened by an email receiver
You need to export it from the File menu. The default is aiff. Just import to iTunes and change it to mp3, then email it.

I just did the editing in Garage band
Just share back to iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.