Best Gamepad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
Hello everyone, I'm a new Mac user (sort of) - just picked myself up a 12" G4 PowerBook. I'm wondering if I can get a recommendation on which is the best gamepad/controller to use for gaming on my Mac? I'm looking for a Playstation/Xbox style controller. I've done a little research, and from what I am finding the NYKO Air Flo EX seems to be the most liked for Mac gamers. Is this true? Anything better out there? Thanks for the help. Cheers!

K

Koorong

jediracer said:
I've done a little research, and from what I am finding the NYKO Air Flo EX seems to be the most liked for Mac gamers. Is this true? Anything better out there? Thanks for the help. Cheers!

Are you looking for the most bells and whistles, or whatever is the best bang for your buck?

I think Logitech has a good set of gamepads out there, although nothing as fancy as the Nyko Air Flo with it's "sweaty palm-cooling" feature. I have been using the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad which has worked well with Halo; it isn't their most basic gamepad but yet is the most similar one to console gamepads. You can get fancier versions with rumble or cordless AND rumble, but in the end, just depends how much you want to spend. If it matters not that your gamepad is wireless, shakes in your hand, or dries them while you play, I would just get the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Have you considered the Nostromo ? Depending on what are you going to play it may be more useful....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
mraya said:
Have you considered the Nostromo ? Depending on what are you going to play it may be more useful....

Saw one of those at a Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. Will it work with a mac?

OP
jediracer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
naw, i'm looking for something that's playstation/xbox style...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.