DD-WRT bridge Wi-Fi and still use LAN Ports?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem which I need to solve. I know it is possible but have not yet found a solution to the problem.
Basically the master router (router 1) is a Virgin Media superhub connected to the internet. As far as I know the VM superhub does not support WDS.
I have a router upstairs (router 2) which has been flashed with DD-WRT. Upstairs has no other WI-FI adapters or dongles so relies on router 2 for connectivtiy to the internet using the LAN ethernet port.
How can I make this possible? I have tried a bridged client setup and disabled DHCP on router 2.
I have then reserved an IP address on Router 1 using router 2's MAC address. However DHCP information such as DNS servers etc are not being passed to router 2. I have completed a site survey on router 2 connected to the SID of router 1 successfully and inputed the Auth credietials. Usually instead of assigning an IP address whichhas been allocated windows detects and IP address conflict.
g.gif

Thanks for your help
Sorry this sounds long winded. Hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to acheive.

Reaction score
Have you gone to dd-wrt's wiki and followed the instructions to set up what you are trying to achieve?? I have successfully set up the client bridged router following the instructions...

You can find it here...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.