transfer e-mail addresses from Outlook to contacts on iMAC

Reaction score
A few months ago I switched to a i MAC running MAC OS X Lion10.7.3 .Since I bought it I have been out of the state working on a new home that I was renovating. The only e-mail that I was involved with was with the immediate family so I was not doing any e-mail with anyone other than my immediate family. I just returned back home and wanted to add all my e-mail addresses to my contacts on my IMac from my address list on OUTLOOK 2010. Is this possible to do without having to actually type in each address? I hope there is someone on here that can help me. Thanks, CapnFred

OP
C
Reaction score
A few months ago I switched to a i MAC running MAC OS X Lion10.7.3 .Since I bought it I have been out of the state working on a new home that I was renovating. The only e-mail that I was involved with was with the immediate family so I was not doing any e-mail with anyone other than my immediate family. I just returned back home and wanted to add all my e-mail addresses to my contacts on my IMac from my address list on OUTLOOK 2010. Is this possible to do without having to actually type in each address? I hope there is someone on here that can help me. Thanks, CapnFred

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
Quick google search:

Import Your Outlook Contacts into the Mac OS X Mail Address Book

To import Outlook contacts in the OS X Address Book used by Mail:

Export your Outlook contacts to a CSV file called "ol-contacts.csv".
Copy the "ol-contacts.csv" file to your Mac.
Launch Address Book on your Mac.
Select File | Import | Text file... from the menu.
Search for and double-click the "ol-contacts.csv" file.
Make sure Ignore first card is checked.
Look for E-Mail Address in the ol-contacts.csv column.
Click Do not import in the Address Book column's corresponding field.
Select Email (work), Email (home) or Email (other).
Optionally, map the ol-contacts.csv's Email 2 Address and Email 3 Address as well.
Click OK.

How to Import Your Outlook Contacts into the Mac OS X Mail Address Book - About Email

Bill

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post. You posted in both "Switcher and the Lounge". Only one post is necessary - also, the Lounge is the wrong forum. Posts have been merged together here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.