Transferring music back to itunes from EXHDD

Reaction score
Hi there!

(I'm sure I posted this query earlier but it didn't seem to work!)

Anyway, I upgraded my mac to 10.5 and now want to put all my music back into the now empty itunes. I have them all in a folder on my EXHDD, which previously worked brilliantly.

I have now directed the itunes music folder location to that folder; however, how do I get all the tunes showing and playing again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
McDad

OP
M
Reaction score
359 views and no one can help me?!!

PLEASE somebody help me get my tunes in there!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I think I understand what it is you're asking....

Try going to: File > Add to Library

Then navigate to the music folder on your external hard drive, iTunes should then import the songs to the library?

Again, if I understand your question correctly that is... :D

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Chuckoir!

Just to clarify, this is how things are -

Before I upgraded, I had transferred all my music to a folder on my external hard drive, and the itunes was therefore directed to that folder.

However, after I had upgraded, all the tunes had disappeared from itunes but, the songs were obviously still in the folder on the external hard drive.

Now, if I 'add files to library' from the external hard drive, will I be just adding the song titles OR, will i be transferring the actual music itself back to my mac?

Thanks again,
Mcdad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
If you've directed iTunes to where your tunes are stored on the external, then it should just add the titles, as you put it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.