iPad stylus question

Reaction score
I have an iPad2. Is there a stylus that I could use for tapping? I don't want to write with it. My fingers are too shaky and I am always making mistakes. I spend half my time undoing my errors. I am 70 and have arthritis in my hands. I've looked up styluses, but they all seem to be for drawing and writing.

C

chas_m

If it's a new iPad we're talking about, you can also use Siri Dictation for a lot of the places where you'd normally type something. Not saying a stylus wouldn't be a good option, just pointing out an alternative for some uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I remember when my mother gave me her old Ipod and I was bothered that they didn't have a stylus.. My Zire had one but it doesn't work with the Ipods :\ I wanted the sylus because the top of my finger gets soar on cold days (old cut/stitches injury). My sister gave my mother and father syluses (I think she got them at a dollar store) but not me :Angry: Anyways I found this How to Make an iPad Stylus - YouTube on youtube (I like this because it give a lot of explanation as to why it works and how) on how you can make your own.

I know this doesn't help you much with arthritis but you could get someone to make one for you or maybe the dollar store or Apple - Accessibility - Resources - Accessibility Solutions for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch..

Good luck ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Since you say you have arthritis, you may want to consider the Cosmonaut. It's a fatter chunky stylus so it should be easier to hold on to. The only real drawback of it is because if its width, it is hard to make precise drawings, but you don't need it for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.