Change the Text Color of in Finder

F

franks21

Is it possible to change the color of the text in Finder. I have a backround I like but the black text does not work with it.

thanks
Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
There was a topic about this very subject not too long ago. Try searching before posting a question, sometimes you can find what you're looking for without having to wait for a reply. :mac:

To answer your question, no, there's no way (without a lot of hacking) to change the font color in Finder. You can make the text stick out a little more by selecting all of the icons in that window and right (control) clicking the icons, which shows the contextual menu. From here you can place a color label behind the text making it easier to read on a dark background.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Shapeshifter by Unsanity does it (I believe, don't have it open in front of me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
No shapeshifter doesn't change the fonts. It's an awesome program none-the-less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
surfwax95 said:
No shapeshifter doesn't change the fonts. It's an awesome program none-the-less.

Correction: I was thinking of TinkerTool to change fonts - he wanted the colors changed. TinkerTool wouldn't change fonts for the top bar but throughout the apps and selective text :( Oh well. That's a fun app too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.