Swapping sim between iPhone 4S and WinPhone 7

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have an iPhone 4S and I of course use iMessage all the time on the phone and on my Mac. I just got a Windows Phone 7 which I actually really like. I bought it just as an unlocked travel phone so wanted to play with it. However, when I put my SIM in it, everything does work but if someone on an iPhone "imessages" me, it sends it as an imessage so I never get a text. It never fails and sends it as a text though. I have iMessage closed on my Mac and my iPhone turned right off. Rarely it will fail and send as a text but sometimes I never receive it. If I text them they get it but then they reply and it sends it as an imessage.

Is there anything I need to do in order to be able to text from this new phone and have it so that if I was imessaging someone and then switch phones and they send a message I'll get it normally?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.