Dead Iphone

Reaction score
My iphone does not power up or register with itunes. I have tried doing all the things suggested like hold down home button and power button together........for 30 secs, 1 min, even 3 mins as someone said theirs suddenly came back to life after holding them together for 3 mins.

I've tried plugging into itunes then pressing them together......nothing at all.

Is there anything else i might be able to try?

The other thing I wanted to know was if couldn't bring it back to life myself........how much should I expect to pay (worst case scenario) if i were to take it in somewhere that does phone repair?

many thanks

C

chas_m

Without telling us what it was you did and/or what happened to put the iPhone in this state, no answer we could give would really be meaningful.

You can start by AT LEAST telling us what model of iPhone it is, what carrier you're with, etc ...

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok

Well it was given to me by a friend for doing a small favour. He said it was faulty so I said I'll have it and see if I could bring it back to life......so i received it in this condition. He doesn't know what happened to put it in the state its in now either.

It looks as though it has been taken apart already......or at least come loose at the bottom where the the two tiny screws are. I'm not sure of the exact name for this but I believe its called the bezel......well that is raised slightly and not sitting flush with the rest of the phone where the screws are. You can press it down with your finger but then it just comes apart again. (its only slightly lifted) The 2 tiny screws are in place, its just not sitting flush..........if that makes sense.

Its an Iphone 3GS.

It also has what appear to be dust particles on the screen as they don't clear when wiped.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You can start by AT LEAST telling us what model of iPhone it is.
g.gif

re-read his 2nd post...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
it could be a number of things. If I was in your shoes since it was unknown condition anyway there is a market for those on ebay. Id sell it on ebay get what you can and put that towards a new iphone if thats what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.