I pod help

S

Solerina

I'm a newbie but I'd be really grateful if anyone can tell me why my ipod has crashed . I had to reset it recently because it froze and the battery has been a concern for some time but after I reset it it had wiped all my songs . I tried to connect it to my imac but got a weird message " You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OSx can read . To use the unreadable volumes click initialise . To continue with the disk click ignore " I don't know if this refers to the cd that I had in the Mac at the time or wether I need to reinstall all the software to set it up again . The Apple site says that after a reset your Ipod retains all of it's music but mine didn't . I'm totally lost and a call to tech support costs £35 a pop so if anyone is familiar with this I'd be very grateful . I don't understand why it wont download what I have in I tunes when I connect the firewire . EWvery time I get a new album I follow the same process . I just connect the firewire and it automatically updates .

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Mod note: moved to the proper forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.