Duplicate file finder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' mid 2009 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6 GB Ram Samsung V4 256 GB
Hey Folks,
i recently picked up an old G5 IMac to add to my recent 2009 mac book pro purchase , and was able to get it upgraded to Leopard, which by the way is not easy software to find, or cheap. i want to use this primarily for iTunes and other misc. things. I copied over my music collection but there are some duplicate songs and don't really want to go thru 100gigs of music to find them all. Can you folks recommend a good piece of software that will search for me and automatically delete the duplicates. thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See this LINK. Note, however, that you will have to get this app direct from the dev's web site as it's advertised in the Mac App store to which you do not have access.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, i'll check this out tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I used a free program called dupeguru.. On the page there is the regular dupeguru http://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru/ and links to the music edition and picture edition.. It is donationware and you can donate if you wish or you can just click on one of the options that tells what donation ware is all about and it will tell you which option to click there... I found it was sufficient for what I wanted/needed. You could also look on Macupdate page for other software that does the same... I did use demos of other software to see if it was working OK (and to test out my settings) and I found it did a good job..

@chsag: I'll check that other prog out...

This was pretty flukey that you posted this program because I was just looking at the win' program Duplicate finder and was wondering if or why a win program would or wouldn't work on a mac (under parallels or even wine) given that you can run games this way..

Have fun ;D

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a try

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.