Mysterious....

I

iv_zar

Something very peculiar happened yesterday, I was just surfing the net when I looked at my Dock to see that the finder icon had disappeared. I was perplexed because I know that it is not possible to rid the dock of the finder icon

So the icon had disappeared and I saw the icon actually under the dock, so I moved the dock to the bottom of the screen and saw that it was just a picture of the finder icon (in the top left corner of the screen, on the actual desktop) and couldn't click on it at all nor could I move it.

All I did was restart the computer and all came back to normal, with the icon coming back and that little picture of the finder on the desktop disappeared.

I have no explanation for it, does anyone have any ideas?
Maybe one of those practical joke viruses...but for a mac?

Intriguing my dear Watson.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Probably just a quirk in the system. Sometimes (I have my dock on hide) I go down to get my dock and it doesn't come up, I can access it through the keyboard though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
sometimes my icons disappear, but they still take up space...

OP
I

iv_zar

Thanks guys!

Would it be possible that there is a virus?
I doubt it was a system glitch because of the circumstances

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
lol have you ever read up on mac and virus'? it was probably just a system glitch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.