Shuffle on Itunes??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
Okay so I just got a Shuffle....and I have already had a 3rd gen 15gb for quite some time....

Upon plugging the shuffle into a USB port I figured it would show up and work right away.....how come it's not showing on Itunes or anything?? I installed the software that came w/ it by the way...

confused :eek:neye:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Is the LED on the front of the the Shuffle lighting up, when it plugged in? If not, some computers have a hard time connecting to the Shuffle, because of the casing of the computer. This is the case with my iMac G5. When I plug it in, the Shuffle doesn't make contact with the iMac G5 -- the iMac just doesn't see it. But it does make contact, when I pull out the Shuffle just slightly. So you kind of have to pull it in and out to get it just right for it to work. But if it doesn't work with other computers, the Shuffle probably defective in your case, if the light doesn't go on whatsoever from the time you first turned it on. It should work right out of the box, when connecting to the computer.

Hope that helps somewhat.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
Led light is on.....tried moving it in and out a little....nothing. Does this mean that because I have jaguar still that I can't use this friggin' thing?? I've definitely got the most up to date ipod software....so I'm sort of out of ideas here....

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As long as you are with the requirements below, you should be fine. Don't you have another computer to try it on? I've also had luck with plug my Shuffle into a USB extension cords, instead of plugging the Shuffle directly into my iMac, but I'm not really sure, if hardware is the issue here as it was for me.

Operating System Requirements: Mac OS X v10.2.8 or Mac OS X 10.3.4 and later (Mac OS X 10.3.6 or later recommended for use with low-power USB ports)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
weird enough it worked when I plugged it in via a USB extension cable....strange....

Any idea why the "female" end of the USB cable has a slight dip in the metal casing making it difficult to plug it into another "male" USB port?? weird....but it works thanks a lot!!!

Reaction score
huffstar said:
Any idea why the "female" end of the USB cable has a slight dip in the metal casing making it difficult to plug it into another "male" USB port??

Is it the one that comes with an Apple keyboard?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
huffstar said:
weird enough it worked when I plugged it in via a USB extension cable....strange....

Any idea why the "female" end of the USB cable has a slight dip in the metal casing making it difficult to plug it into another "male" USB port?? weird....but it works thanks a lot!!!

You had the same problem as me. The shuffle just can't connect with some computers. It's the outer casing that might be getting in the way. Apple is aware of the issue too I believe.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
mynameis said:
Is it the one that comes with an Apple keyboard?

yeah that's the one....is it shaped like that for a reason??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.