Need help setting up small office network

Reaction score
Hi all. So I am trying to setup a small business network in my office and need some help. I just purchased 3 iMacs, a mac mini and a time capsule. I need to know how I can connect all of these components using the mac mini as a stand alone server. Can anyone help walk me through this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
mmm not sure if i understand correctly what you want to do but here is how i would do it:

have a router, connect the time capsule to it, connect the iMacs and the mac mini with the routers. then partition the time capsule in three or four parts to use them for backup
not sure what your mac mini should do after all?

OP
A
Reaction score
So what I am looking to do is run MacPractice (a medical practice management software). I was thinking I would use the mac Mini as a stand alone server. The time capsule would serve as my wirless backup but I want the mini to be the centralized machine. I want the network to function so that if one of the workstations go down, the mac mini is fine and the rest of the network operates without issue. In other words, I will not be using a monitor on the mini. It will strictly serve as the hub for the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.