Photo Effect Studio Pro OR FX Photo Studio?

Reaction score
I want to get a good app on my mac to design and edit my photos because I love photography. Both Apps sound good. FX Photo Studio is a bit more expensive but that doesn't mean it's better than the other one. For those who've used the apps just tell me which one is the best to buy from your experience using it. I'll pick the one that more people like....Thanks!!!
macrumor.gif

C

chas_m

Of the two choices offered, I'd pick Photo Effect Studio Pro.

I am NOT a fan of slapping effects on photos except in limited circumstances. No professional (not that I am one) would ever be caught dead using these effects, most of which are pretty cheesy.

If you like to style photos, that's your business, but mostly I find this is done to try and make bad shots more interesting, when what they should be doing is concentrating on taking a better shot in the first place. Effects have their place, I guess, but I think they're like makeup ... anything more than sparing use and you're trying to hide something.

That's why I prefer Photo Effect Studio Pro. It has actual proper controls on it in addition to the "lipstick-on-a-pig" department. Of course you can get those same controls in iPhoto ...

Reaction score
FX Photo Studio Pro

I would recommend you FX Photo Studio (Pro) as it is the original app.
Photo Effect Studio is a cheaper copy of it. But cheaper doesn't mean better.
Check the trial version of FX Photo Studio Pro here. And you'll see that FX Photo Studio Pro is worth its money

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.