Can I turn off my display while running a CRT off my PB?

S

StealthMode

I was wondering if it is possible to have my PB display turned off and use my 19in CRT as the main display, this feasible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM, 160 gig H.D.
Could you not just turn the brightness on your Powerbook display (F1 - F2 keys) all the way down till the display is in effect off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you have an external keyboard and mouse you can close your powerbook and use it that way with your external monitor.

i think you can also just turn down the contrast all the way on the pb with out it affecting your other monitor.

i always ran dual display when using my powerbook as a desktop though, why not just run both monitors and have the benefit of two screens? it is really enjoyable.

-chris

OP
S

StealthMode

coach_z said:
if you have an external keyboard and mouse you can close your powerbook and use it that way with your external monitor.

i think you can also just turn down the contrast all the way on the pb with out it affecting your other monitor.

i always ran dual display when using my powerbook as a desktop though, why not just run both monitors and have the benefit of two screens? it is really enjoyable.

-chris
Not enough desk space to put them side by side.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
you can scroll through display modes by pressing fn+f7 while the monitor is attached. There should be one that will turn off the pb display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.