How do I download iCal if I accidentally deleted it off my Mac?

Reaction score
I've gone through the App Store and didn't see it there. It comes with your Mac but it somehow got deleted off my Mac and now I am struggling to find it and download it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is helpful to let us know what OS you are using on you Mac.
If you have any OS other than Lion, then dl a App called Pacifist.
Then insert your Install DVD and use Pacifist to Extract just the iCal .pkg. Once that is done you can install iCal as you would any other .pkg you would have downloaded.

Now if you have Lion and therefore have a Recovery Partition with the OS on it, I'm not sure how you go about using Pacifist to extract the .pkg, unless you made a USB with Lion on it, then use as you would install DVD's.
HTH

Cheers

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks!

I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8. What if I don't have the Install DVD? There isn't a simple download online or anything? Thought it would be a piece of cake. I feel mac-illiterate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well I've just done a quick search through oldmacapps, and file hippo and can't find it anywhere so i think you might be out of luck, unless you have a friend with a Mac that can extract the .pkg and upload it to Dropbox or something similar for you.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No install DVD? Only $29 at Apple Online and the best troubleshooting utility about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.