Please help

Reaction score
I know this is my first post but I have a very serious problem with my g/f's Imac. We've been having some relationship problems lately and because she came close to crossing the line with a couple of her male friends on facebook I threatened to leave her. She agreed to give up facebook but now she thinks I some how have some sort of key logger tracking her when in fact all I do is check her history file to see where she's been. I can always tell when she's doing something she's not supposed to on the computer by the way she's acting so the very second she gets off I check the history folder and theres nothing there. Im sure he told her what she needs to do so I cant see what she's doing and Im positive she's not deleting the history file before I have a chance to see where she's been. We us both Firefox and Safari as our browsers if that makes a difference

I know next to nothing about Mac's but can tell you its a Mac OS X version 10.5.8. For all I know he could have installed something so its recording this very message and I would never know it because I dont know what Im looking for. Thanks Tug

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you cannot trust your girlfriend (Facebook)...and/or if she cannot trust you...then the relationship is doomed. The more you accuse her of wrong-doing...the more she will hate you for it.

Work on the trust issues...and forget about the computer problems.

Good luck,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Tug,

With all due respect, your problem is not with the iMac.
I suggest you rebuild your relationship outside of the computing environment.

Cheers ... McBie

PS.... Nick, you need to type a bit slower so I can catch up :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for the repies and your both right. The more I accuse her the more resentful she's become. She has been more resentiful now than she ever has, even to the point where she's all but done. It appears that whatever she has going on in facebook is more important than our relationship. Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.