HDD/SSD system files problem

rez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook 2.26GHZ 4GB RAM 250GB HDD 64GB SSD
Hey everyone.

I've recently installed a solid state drive in place of my optical drive, moving my OS and Apps onto the SSD and keeping my home folder and most of my media on the HDD. Really happy with the decision to do it.

However, after following instructions to the word, I still have a System folder on my HDD, it's contents are two folders, named com.apple.bootstamps and com.apple.corestorage, which itself has a folder called EFILoginLocalizations.

Has anyone done the same thing and found this happening to them? I'd like to know what these files are, as google isn't explaining very well, and how I can go about moving them or if I can delete them? They obviously arn't a massive problem, yet I am trying to unmount the HDD to repair it yet it cannot be unmounted as it is in use- I have a feeling this is due to the System folder on the disk.

Any info or advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ryan

OP
R

rez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook 2.26GHZ 4GB RAM 250GB HDD 64GB SSD
Yes, I cloned the entire HDD to the SSD except for the Home folder.

Once I had done that successfully and booted from the SSD I deleted the system files from the SSD. I have the exact same files in the System > Cache folders on the SSD as well as on the HDD. As this was the case I tried deleting the Folders, they returned upon reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.