imac g5 17" start up problem

Reaction score
I have just recently gotten an iMac g5 from my parents it was in my kitchen now in my room was working fine in kitchen now that i have put it in my room it will not turn on. I plug it in and press the power button and the white light goes on for a few seconds and then shuts off there is no startup sound or anything just black screen it is plugged into a working outlet there is no fan sound either the screen is cracked in corner but used to work fine. i am not a technical guy so i won't understand all of the tech talk so keep it simple :) i would appreciate suggestions the computer was working fine but once unplugged for short amount of time does not turn on.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like the power supply may have failed. It's not unusual for an electronic component to be working normally, but when turned off and on again it fails. If you don't know or understand anything about repairing it yourself, perhaps a friend with know how can help you. That's an old computer and really not worth spending a lot of money on to repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.