Switch to previous version of Java?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
Yesterday my Software Update recommended I upgrade to the latest version of Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_31. I'm using OS X 10.7.3 Lion. Ever since the upgrade, I am unable to log into my work virtual desktop through Citrix. I have attached the error dialog box. Any advice on how to correct this error or how to revert back to the prior version of Java would be helpful. Thank you.

Java Error.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know how to correct that error, however, it is not advisable to downgrade your version of Java. The new version was promulgated by Apple to protect you from the Flashback Trojan which is/was making its way onto various Mac machines. Read through the thread in the "Rumors and Reports" forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.