Transferring iPhoto library to new macbook.

Reaction score
My old macbook ( late 2007 ) is running iPhoto version 7.1.5 and i think i have correctly backed it up along with my music etc on an western digital my passport external hard drive using time machine. My new macbook has the latest newest version of iPhoto 9.2.1 and i just want to transfer the my old iPhoto library over. Ive plugged the WD passport in and opened time machine but have no idea what to do next; or is it is time machine the wrong way of going about it.

Also i have my old laptop backed up on the WD passport can i also back my new laptop on it aswell or will i have to delete one?

Also on an unrelated matter my old macbook's screen always suddenly goes black and i have to tilt the screen back and forth until it comes back on again, its the reason for buying the new one. Is it just on its way out or can it be fixed.

Thanks for any help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.