Mobile IDE for iOS

Reaction score
Okay, so i'm working on a new app for iOS that allows developers to edit the source code for their apps, build the app, and install it on their iOS device without ever going to their mac. (Note, the server app must be running on the mac but it requires no interaction after initial setup).

But anyways, it works on a LAN network right now (supports bonjour setup is effortless!) and i'm working on the easiest way to allow access from a WAN. It has syntax highlighting in the source code editor and also i'm implementing a sort of "AutoComplete" to assist with typing.

Any thoughts? I was thinking of charging a couple bucks for the iOS side and making the mac server a free download on my website. Also, would a couple bucks a month (OPTIONAL!!) service that allows the iOS device to connect to the mac without any port forwarding be of interest?

Thanks,
Andrew Boos

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Unless you jail break the phone, all apps on iOS have to come from the App Store, how are you thinking of working around this? Pretty sure Apple is not going to allow you to sell an application that an somehow build and install other apps circumventing the App Store and the checking that Apple does of each app..

OP
B
Reaction score
Unless you jail break the phone, all apps on iOS have to come from the App Store, how are you thinking of working around this? Pretty sure Apple is not going to allow you to sell an application that an somehow build and install other apps circumventing the App Store and the checking that Apple does of each app..

Not for developers though, we can sign our apps and distribute them to up to 100 devices. This would be for developers to develop apps, not sell them. Think OTA distribution

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.