Bootcamp to an external hard drive *need help*

Reaction score
Ok,
so i have had a mac for a while and it has been great but for some of my school projects it just doesn't work. So then i found out about this amazing software previously installed on the mac called bootcamp. Then soon after I go out and buy some windows 7 software and put in on my 250 GB hard drive and give it about 60 GB of space on there and now I'm running out of space. So just basically i just need someone to tell me how to move my Windows 7 over to my external hard drive and not just keep it at the same 60GB but how to enlarge its size as well.
Thank you for any help you can give. :Smirk:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download CampTune from Paragon Software. $19.95. CampTune can non-destructively enlarge or lessen a boot camp partition.

OP
S
Reaction score
1 more question

Ty and i will look into this program but i just have one question. Would i be able to copy all of my files from boot camp and put them into empty space on my external hard drive? I don't know how this would work or if i have to make a new folder on there and put all the files in a folder or if I just put all of the files on with no new folder. (If I don't have to spend money it is much easier for me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Microsoft as an anti-piracy measure do not permit Windows to be installed on an external hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.