Lion missing small incremental volume adjustments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I finally got around to upgrading to OS Lion. I had some apps that needed Rosetta if anyone is curious why I took so long. Anyway, I noticed that one of my favorite feature using the small volume adjustments has been dropped in Lion unless there is an error on my end. What I mean is that I used to be able to use the shortcut Shift+Option+Volume Button to increase and decrease volume in small increments.

Does anyone know how to bring back the feature?

C

chas_m

Either that is a system trick I have never heard of before (which is possible), or you've forgotten that you installed a third-party app of some kind that made that possible, and now you need to get an updated version of that third-party app that works under Lion.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had tried it ages ago but really never used it so forgot all about it. When Lion came out someone else mentioned it no longer worked and I made note that it did not. It can be handy for fine volume adjustment late at night though! :D

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That explains why I could not make it work the other night while trying ti include it in an upcoming blog entry. Of course the fact that I was using the wrong keys might have had something to do with it as well.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Even though I kept forgetting it was there, I still do miss it as it does come in handy sometimes. Oh well!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course the fact that I was using the wrong keys might have had something to do with it as well.
Lol. It's funny that you should say that. I thought I pressed the wrong keys when I first tried it after upgrading to Lion. I had to double check to make sure I was using the right shortcut.

I don't know why Apple would remove a useful feature like this, but I wish they would bring it back in an update patch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.