• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's next iPhone predicted to have redesigned 'sleek' unibody case

Reaction score
Apple's next iPhone predicted to have redesigned 'sleek' unibody case

Apple's next iPhone will feature a new design that could employ a single unibody frame reminiscent of the company's MacBook lineup, according to a new report.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Here is another article about it: Supplier Chatter Pointing to Redesigned iPhone with 4-Inch Display, 'Sleek Look'

The article I linked to has a mock-up photo guess of what it might look like. I think the photo has been used before so it's probably nothing new to some of you. If the mock-up is accurate it looks like the next iPhone might look like a mini iPad on the backside. I think that's a better look than the tear drop look that some thought the iPhone 4S might've looked like.

The important thing to me is that there is more speculation that it might be a 4" display. It will be great to me if that is true. The mock-up image also speculates that Apple might have the screen come right up to the edges which will give us a bigger screen without increasing the overall size of the iPhone by much. I think that would satisfy both groups.

If the next iPhone has a 4" screen, I will mostly like buy it when it comes out. The more I use the 3.5" screen the more I notice how small it is for my needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My iP4 is already so slim, it's tough to hold to my ear with my shoulder. I'd imagine that wouldn't be an option with an even slimmer model. It (the fictitious mockup) does look good though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Making the iPhone slimmer is also not a major concern for me either, but I like that mock-up design. The only features I have to have in the new iPhone is a larger screen and LTE. If it doesn't have those features then I have to reconsider if I want to upgrade or not.

Reaction score
Well these are secondary issues. First of all we have to see how far they have improved its performance and features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.