Saving iPhone pictures from another iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
My son gave his 4 year old daughter his old iPhone (no active account) and there are some great candid pictures of my grandkids on it that I'd like to copy onto my Iphone and my wife's iPhone. I can't email or text them over, and if I plug the phone in to my mac... it sees the phone but doesn't see the camera roll.

Is there any method to copy the pictures onto my iphone without an active iPhone communications or data account?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

That iPhone has to be synced with SOME computer, so my suggestion would be to plug it into that computer, get the photos, put them on a thumb drive, then put them on your computer.

Reaction score
My son gave his 4 year old daughter his old iPhone (no active account) and there are some great candid pictures of my grandkids on it that I'd like to copy onto my Iphone and my wife's iPhone. I can't email or text them over, and if I plug the phone in to my mac... it sees the phone but doesn't see the camera roll.

Is there any method to copy the pictures onto my iphone without an active iPhone communications or data account?

Thanks!

Its a very simple process actually!
Plug in the iPhone your mac
Open iPhoto
On the left Side panel, under "devices" click on the iPhone that just appeared.
Either:
Click Import xxx Photos and they will be saved to iPhoto
or:
Press Comand+A to select all the photos on the iPhone and drag them into a new folder.

Voila! All the photos are now saved to the mac and safe from your grandson's accidental deleting ;)

Andrew

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Its a very simple process actually!
Plug in the iPhone your mac
Open iPhoto
On the left Side panel, under "devices" click on the iPhone that just appeared.
Either:
Click Import xxx Photos and they will be saved to iPhoto
or:
Press Comand+A to select all the photos on the iPhone and drag them into a new folder.

Voila! All the photos are now saved to the mac and safe from your grandson's accidental deleting ;)

Andrew

Perfect! Thanks. Forgot all about iPhoto and didn't realize I could import from another iPhone. Her "phone" may be sync'd to a computer back at home but its not here and that worked great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.