The Official "I spilled liquid in my MacBook, what do I do now?" Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
RadDave, do you think the volume acting up on his 2017 macbook might be software or those faulty keyboard related?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Good point about resetting (i.e. in your previous post) PRAM (and also try the same w/ SMC), but if the laptop was taken to a 'genuine' Apple store (or authorized dealer), I would think those resets would have been tried - don't know? As to your question, I really have no idea or way to guess, sorry. Dave

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
RadDave, do you think the volume acting up on his 2017 macbook might be software or those faulty keyboard related?

It really doesn't matter. Once Apple indicates the machine has liquid damage, there is no way they will repair it without recommending major repairs. That means a logic board change, new keyboard, battery, and other replacements. Usually not worth repairing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@mileys1990:

Just a reminder....

We do not allow personal advertisements anywhere in threads or the signature line. We have removed your ad.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.