iphoto problem

Reaction score
When I select photos from an event and then try to move them into an album or folder, the selection (those yellow boxes around the photos) goes away as soon as I click to drag them into the album or folder. I can move one at a time, but when you have 30 or more photos to move, it is a lengthy process that seems unnecessary. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Just to be sure, you are clicking on one of the selected pictures, right? Also, are clicking and holding when you drag them into the album or folder? These may seem like dumb questions, but you should be able to select multiple pictures and move them all into a folder or album just like you'd move multiple files at once in the Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I had this problem a couple of months back. iPhoto was working fine, and then this problem started. I could select one photo and drag it to an Album, or out into Finder. If I selected more than one, nothing would happen, not even the "ghost image" you get when you drag photos.

I tried all sorts of things, you can read below, and then just as it arrived, the problem went away.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/17384597#17384597

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Got the answer from a mag I subscribe to. It's caused by a missing or damaged Helvetica font, because the OS uses Helvetica to write the number of photos that you are trying to move. Go into Font Book and dis-able then re-enable Helvetica.

During the time I was having this problem, I was getting error messages from Pages telling me that Helvetica was missing. I did the Font book thing and the messages stopped. This is what obviously cured the iPhoto problem without my knowledge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.