Ooops - I dropped my iBook.

B

BillyBoy

Morning All,

I stupidly dropped my iBook yesterday from a height of 2 1/2 ft onto carpet. I ran "verify disk" in Disk Utilities which turned up nothing unusual (luckily).

Is there anything else I could do to ensure that it survived ok?

Also, has anyone else done this and are there other potential problems that I should be looking out for?

Many thanks for your help,

BB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
if its working fine dont worry about it too much, just count yourself lucky this time ;)

Reaction score
Can somebody do this experiment:

drop your ibook 1 feet from floor and check for integrity
Repeat in 1 feet increments
Report distance from floor where the iBook is just damaged

------Just kiding------

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
alejandrico said:
Can somebody do this experiment:

drop your ibook 1 feet from floor and check for integrity
Repeat in 1 feet increments
Report distance from floor where the iBook is just damaged

------Just kiding------

Yep, still works.

OP
B

Basvaldo

I dropped my ibook from about 4 ft and it completely bugger*d.
Thankfully my insurance company bought me a shiny new one.

OP
D

DigitalN.

good thing I keep mine in a handy padded bag. I went and dropped my iBook from around 5 feet, and it still survived, just a little dust on the bag. turns out the bag has a steel plate and padding all around the place where the laptop goes :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
usually, if the ibook is closed and sleeping the hard drive will lock to prevent any damage, such as moving it or dropping it, it should survive, in theory sometimes they don't survive, but for the most part it is effective, i have dropped mine, well i really didn't drop it, it was setting in my car seat, and i was driving and some stooge on there cell phone, not watching what there doing or where they were going, decides to 1. cut me off, and then stomp on there breaks because they didn't see the person in front of me, so i had to slam my breaks on and there went my ibook . slamming to the floor of my car, it was closed and asleep, i checked it and she's OK. it happened about a week ago, and it's still running fine, I'm on it now actually.. <3 i love my ibook :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.